Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Black Bean Party Salad


 I love any food that's Mexican, or Mexican-inspired, especially at this time of year. And at this time of year I also like my food to be cold and super quick to make-- I don't want to be standing in the hot kitchen for a minute longer than necessary! This recipe is really simple delicious, and is a real crowd-pleaser, if the crowd likes avocados. Side note, I used to think I hated avocados-- how wrong and misguided I was! Two years ago I re-tried an avocado and I haven't looked back since-- except they are quite pricey here and sometimes I wish I didn't love them so much! You could definitely make this salad without the avocado if they're too expensive in your area or if you're crazy and haven't yet realized you love them. This would be great for a non-vegan summer party and it's cool since it has a little protein and staying-power if you get hungry at a non-vegan event. It stands up under room temperature or warmer for quite some time and has went off really well everywhere I've brought it! I've included individual and party-sized recipes below.


Individual Black Bean Salad
2 large servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 T red onion
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • cumin, lime juice, salt, pepper to taste
1/2 recipe: cals: 367kcal | fat: 11.67g | carbs: 54.18g | prot: 15.60g


    Party-Sized Black Bean Salad
    10 servings 1/2 cup each

    Ingredients:
    •  cups or 1 bag frozen corn
    • 2 cans black beans, rinsed
    • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
    • 1/4 cup olive oil
    • 1 tbsp cumin
    • 2 avocado
    • 1/4 cup lime juice
    1/2 cup: cals: 240kcal | fat: 10.49g | carbs: 31.97g | prot: 7.28g 

    Enjoy!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment