Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spicy Lemon Dressing


I haven’t posted many savory recipes yet because I’ve been mostly living off of cupcakes and ramen noodles lately. I just haven’t been feeling the cooking vibe—this may have something to do with the fact that my kitchen needs serious cleaning. But I did make a dressing today that is really delicious on noodles, barley, or whatever other grain. I like to add veggies and beans and call it a meal, and if the grains and beans are already cooked its very quick. This dressing is inspired by OhSheGlows though I can't find the recipe I originally adapted it from.

Recipe:

Spicy Lemon Dressing

Ingredients:

6T olive oil
6T lemon juice
2T water
2 t apple cider vinegar
1/2 T fresh ground black pepper
1/2 T salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions:

Combine everything in a jar or salad dressing container, secure the lid, and shake. Eat on everything. Enjoy!

Per 2 T: cals: 110kcal | fat: 11.86g | carbs: 1.49g | prot: 0.20g

Today I had this with some whole wheat rotini, frozen defrosted peas, and parsley for lunch. It was super yummy and refreshing!

2 comments:

  1. this sounds wonderful! I am going to make it now. and the rest of your blog is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you ever makes this-- how'd it turn out?

      Delete