These would be perfect to make for your valentine tomorrow. They have no sugar, no oil, and no flour so they're the perfect treat, even for breakfast! I may or may not have made these five times over the last week. I got the idea from this blog and I've been enjoying them immensely.
They're super easy and there are endless variations. The basic recipe is this:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup oats -- I like old fashioned
- add the zest of an orange, 1/4 tsp stevia, and 1 square of dark chocolate chopped up
- or 1 tsp cinnamon and 3 tablespoons waalnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Smash up the banana with a spoon or fork, add the oats and other ingredients and mix.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with your loved one! Or by yourself. They're really pretty healthy, I promise.
|Check out the bits of orange zest -- so yummy!|
Nutrition for 1/9th of recipe, or 1 cookie: cals: 37kcal | fat: 0.89g | carbs: 6.99g | prot: 0.87g
Also, check out the facebook page for Direct Relief. 105 year old Edythe wants 105,000 "likes" for her favorite charity. Please help her out by "liking" Direct Relief's page!