Makes about 10 oz.
- 1/2 small gala (or other) apple
- 1/2-2/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana, peeled, broken in half, and frozen
- 1/2-2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 large spinach leaves
- If you have a high-powered blender, just put everything in and blend it up.
- If you don't, let the banana and strawberries sit out of the freezer in a bowl for a few minutes and add the orange juice, apple, and spinach to your blender. Blend until as smooth as it'll get and then add the frozen fruit. Blend until no longer chunky. Pour into a glass or blender bottle and enjoy!
This is a perfect beginner smoothie, it doesn't look green or taste funny. It's mostly just orangey-fruity tasting. Sam actually eats spinach really well but he's never had any sort of green drink so we're going slow on that end. Who knows, this time next year, he may be taking a green juice to work in the the morning!