This recipe is pretty easy, pretty yummy, and pretty well... pretty-- look at those hearty fall colors!
It makes 3 big bowls of comforting, cozy yum. I use vegetable flakes in this, but you could totally substitute a cup of veggie stock if you can't find them.
- 1 package soy chorizo (the kind I use is by Cacique and it's only $1.08 at Walmart for 5 servings-- woohoo!)
- 5 tightly packed cups of kale (I use the kind that comes in a big bag and just go through it to pick out the stem-y parts and wash it)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable flakes, re-hydrated in 1 cup warm water
- 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Brown the chorizo according to the package directions in a non-stick skillet or wok.
- Add the kale and beans and the veggie flake water.
- Cover and simmer a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is bright green and everything is warmed through.
- Enjoy with a piece of crusty bread-- so yum!