Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes




Wow, these are good. My sweet husband satisfied my craving for blueberry pancakes the other day-- he's the resident pancake-cooking expert in our house. The batter comes from one of my favorite blogs-- Maple Spice. Here's her recipe for pancakes and waffles. They are pretty perfect on their own, but I added blueberries for their beautiful burst of flavor and color. I think next time, I might try a little more liquid because I prefer my pancakes a little less puffy. These also freeze beautifully-- I froze 3 per baggy and then used the toaster or microwave to heat for a near-instant breakfast.

Blueberry Pancakes
makes 12 medium pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar (powdered or granulated-- agave or maple would probably work also)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 1/4 cups almond or soy milk
  • 1/2 cup sparkling water
  • 1 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions:
  •  Combine the first 4 ingredients (the dry ingredients), then add the next 3 (the liquid ingredients). Toss the blueberries on top.
  • Stir gently to combine without beating the air out of the batter.
  • From here on the directions are according to Sam: Heat a skillet to medium heat, add 1/2 the margarine, and allow to bubble for a minute.
  • Then scoop batter into the pan by 1/4 to 1/2 cup and wait until the pancake starts to bubble up on top.
  • Flip over and cook until golden, adding more margarine if needed.
  • To freeze, cool completely and freeze in baggies for up to a month.
1/12 recipe: cals: 126kcal | fat: 3.39g | carbs: 21.55g | prot: 2.41g











No comments:

Post a Comment